The College is committed to the following:
- Provide the students with a consistently high quality teaching and learning environment
- Enhance the teaching and learning environment periodically
- Review the teaching and learning environment periodically for continuous enhancement
Review of Teaching and Assessment Methods
Based on input from academic staff, Subject Group Leaders shall submit Subject Reports including the summaries of the comments and suggestions on the teaching and assessment methods to Programme Committee for review at the end of each term.
For newly-recruited academic staff, an induction talk will be arranged to explain the teaching requirements and general information of the Programme. In each term, the College will organize regular forum for improving teaching skills of the academic staff. Speakers from other institutions or senior academic staff from academic departments may be invited to give seminars and share their experience on teaching.
Assessment task are designed to
- Be fair, consistent, reliable and constructively aligned to course (CILOs) or programme (PILOs) intended learning outcomes and possess sufficient scope and depth to enable assessment of students’ achievement in course (CILOs) and programme (PILOs) intended learning outcomes
- Be designed in such a way NOT TO discriminate individuals according to gender, age, religion and ethnicity etc.
- Allow students to demonstrate their learning and potential, and assist student learning through timely feedback on performance
- Academic staff should follow the assessment methods and weightings as stated in the syllabus document; any change of assessment methods should be approved by the Head of department, Faculty Dean and Registrar
- The academic departments should strictly follow the guidelines of the College-wide Examination Moderation Systems in order ensure the quality of assessment, and report to the Senior Management through Quality Assurance Committee about the outcomes and effectiveness of the moderation process of the departments
Examination Moderation System
美滋滋直播app The Heads of the academic departments under the supervision of Faculty Deans were responsible for the following:
- Arrange for the internal and external moderation of examination papers and moderation of the assessment results
- Ensure that academic staff follow up on the decisions made by the Board of Examiners.
美滋滋直播appThe major aims of examination moderation system are:
- To ensure the quality of examinations so as to give an objectives measurement of the student achievement in learning outcomes
- To ensure that the design and quality of the examination papers closely align with the course learning outcomes and attain an appropriate academic standard which is comparable to that of other equivalent programmes offered by local or overseas institutions
- To ensure that the examinations can measure the student achievement in learning outcomes accurately, consistently and fairly
- To reinforce the reliability of assessment results by ensuring consistency and standards between course lecturers
External Examiners and Advisors
美滋滋直播appExternal Examiners and Advisors are appointed to monitor the quality of the examinations, the fairness and appropriateness of the student assessment and to ensure that the overall structure and the academic standard of the Programme are comparable to the relevant programmes in local and overseas universities